Saturday, August 30, 2008

Updates

Well, I had my first round of epidural injections yesterday...and I still feel pretty bad. Granted the day of and the day after the procedure is supposed to be the worst. I have a HORRIBLE spinal headache...(which I didn't have when I had an epi with Addyson) I am just hopeing that these end up working for me.

Yesterday I noticed that one of our kittens "MOE" was acting really funny...he was coughing and shaking...and just not being as playful as usual. So...since he was acting even worse today, we took him to OSU's Teaching Vetrinary Hospital ER. I was there for 4 hours...and ended up spending $210. All they could figure out is that he has an elevated white blood cell count (which indicates infection) and bacteria in his urine. The poor baby was poked and prodded for 4 hours...and all they could do was tell me that they needed to keep him for the weekend and order more tests to get a definitive answer. We just can't afford him being there all weekend on top of more tests...(it would have ended up being closer to $600). So, they sent me home with antibiotics and a de-wormer (because he has some kind of parasite) and said if he doesn't get any better in 2 days...to bring him back. The poor baby is just laying here in my lap...looking at me like "Mom, I feel bad". I hate when animals are hurt or sick....ugh.

On top of that...Our air-conditioner crapped out today...and I left a message with the after hours receptionist and NOONE has called us back! So...its like 90 degrees in our apartment and we are miserable...UGH!

Hopefully it all starts to get better!

No comments: